The Spurwink School has been awarded accreditation from The National Commission For The Accreditation of Special Education Services (NCASES). Click on the attachment at the bottom of the page to learn more.
Established in 1982, The Spurwink School is a licensed and accredited, year-round, special education program located in Lincoln, RI. The school offers integrated academic and therapeutic services to 40 students (ages 5-18) with emotional and behavioral challenges in a safe and nurturing community-based environment. Our small classrooms are staffed by highly qualified, fully certified teachers, teacher assistants and behavioral specialists, who are supported by a multi-disciplinary team of licensed clinicians and professionals in the areas of social work, psychology, expressive therapy, speech pathology,occupational therapy, vocational support, art, music and nursing.
Program Descriptions History
Our comprehensive model addresses the diverse needs of students who are diagnosed with psychiatric and neurological disorders such as:
- Mood Disorders (Major Depression, Bipolar Disorder)
- Anxiety Disorders (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Attention Disorders (Attention Deficit Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder)
- Disruptive Behavior Disorders (Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder)
- Reactive Attachment Disorder
- Pervasive Developmental Disorders (Autism, Asperger’s Disorder)
- Disorders related to Executive Functioning
- Sensory Integrative Dysfunctions
- Developmental Disabilities
- Communication and Motor Disorders
For information contact 401-781-4380, ext. 323. The school is located at 365 River Road in Lincoln, R.I.
Licensed by: The Rhode Island Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
Accredited by: N.C.A.S.E.S.- The National Commission for the Accreditation of Special Education Services
|Spurwink School Accreditation Letter||49.59 KB|
|The Spurwink School Calendar 2010-11.doc||123.5 KB|
|School Calendar Summer 2011.doc||66 KB|